Addresses A Key Challenge for Many Healthcare Organizations Safeguarding Patient Protected Health Information (PHI)
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES, October 3, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ -- IRIS Solutions, provider of IT solutions for businesses, is pleased to announce its new partnership with PCIHIPAA, a leading Payments Card Industry (PCI) and HIPAA compliance provider. The partnership is focused on protecting IRIS Solutions clients from the onslaught of HIPAA violations which include ransomware attacks and data breaches impacting medical and dental practices throughout the United States.
According to the site HHS.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), over 1,126,000 patient records were breached just in the month of August 2018. Protected Health Information (PHI) continues to be under attack as hackers strive to monetize the stolen data on the dark web. The types of HIPAA violations most often identified are:
- Impermissible uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI)
- Lack of technology safeguards of PHI
- Lack of adequate contingency planning in case of a data breach or ransomware attack
- Lack of administrative safeguards of PHI
- Lack of a mandatory HIPAA risk assessment
- Lack of executed Business Associate Agreements
- Lack of employee training and updated policies and procedures
“We vetted many HIPAA compliance providers and believe PCIHIPAA’s OfficeSafe Compliance Program is the right solution for our clients. Our partnership adds another quality layer of training and protection which improve our commitment to Client success.” said Reggie Stevens, CEO, IRIS Solutions. “We are confident that our clients will find the program easy to implement and provide peace of mind knowing that they are taking the appropriate safeguards to protect their patient’s private information.”
PCIHIPAA’s OfficeSafe Compliance Program provides a number of key features that will allow busy and growing dental practices to easily conform to strict HIPAA regulations. The OfficeSafe Compliance Program includes:
- HIPAA Policies and Procedures - a guided navigation to easily create, update, and record your HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- HIPAA Checklist - an easy checklist to follow the compliance status of your office
- Online HIPAA Employee Training - comprehensive training options for staff to provide insight into latest HIPAA Regulations
- HIPAA Compliance Webinars - education webinars to learn more about HIPAA Regulations
- $250,000 PCI and HIPAA Data Breach, Non-Compliance, Privacy, Network Security and Ransom Insurance Coverage
- OfficeSafe ID: Identity Restoration for doctors and their families
- Annual PCI Compliance and Certification (Annual SAQ / Quarterly IP Scans)
“We are excited to be working with IRIS Solutions. Their infrastructure, experience, and specialists provide all dental practices with a comprehensive IT solution.” said Jeff Broudy, CEO of PCIHIPAA. “We find that many practices don't have the resources to navigate HIPAA law, and are unaware of common vulnerabilities. Adding the OfficeSafe Compliance Program to IRIS Solutions’ extensive suite of services will provide a easy-to-follow guide for dental practices, large and small. Additionally, due to the Equifax data breach, and increase in cyber-attacks, OfficeSafe includes a $250,000 Data Breach and Network Security Policy, and Identity Restoration Protection for you and your family. We invite every member to conduct a complimentary Self-Assessment to quickly identity key vulnerabilities in their practice.”
About IRIS Solutions
IRIS Solutions is the leading provider of technology services for dental and medical practices throughout the southeast U.S. For over 22 years, IRIS has acted as a thought leader in dental and medical IT support. At IRIS, we're totally committed to client success, and to hiring the best and supporting our people to achieve extraordinarily.
PCIHIPAA is an industry leader in medical compliance that provides quick & convenient compliance solutions for its clients. Delivering primary security products and insurance to mitigate the liabilities facing dentists and doctors, we remove the complexities and stressors of financial and legal compliance to PCI & HIPAA regulations. We ensure that our clients are completely compliant and worry-free.
email us here